Before getting an extension to your exchange, you must
1) contact your home institution’s coordinator and
2) ask for an extension of exchange. If your home institution agrees that you can study for a longer period of time than originally planned,
3) you and the coordinator of your home institution should contact your faculty’s International Coordinator at the University of Lapland.
4) The faculty coordinator will then give you a new certificate of admission, if accepted by the dean. If the decision is positive,
5) you should register as a student for the following semester at the Student Services office in the E-wing and inform the Head of International Student Services about the extension. Also keep in mind that you might need to
6) contact the student housing foundation (DAS) to extend your rental agreement.