Thematic studies 20 ECTS
Our thematic doctoral programmes each include a set of thematic studies (20 study credits). Thematic studies will strengthen your academic education and expertise by giving you substantial multidisciplinary know-how that can make your expertise stand out. Thematic studies in your doctoral degree are demonstrable and can be an asset in career planning.
Our academic year 2016–2017 is very international: we have top academic experts from the United Kingdom, Italy and the United States.
Read more about the purpose of thematic studies >
Courses in academic year 2016–2017
Changing work TUKO1227
- Professor Linda McDowell, University of Oxford
- Professor Timo Aarrevaara, University of Lapland
- University lecturer Outi Rantala, University of Lapland
- Professor Jef Huysmans, Queen Mary University of London
- University lecturer Janne Autto, University of Lapland
Yhteisöllisyys ja sosiaalinen kestävyys TUKO1225
- Professor Kati Närhi, University of Jyväskylä
This course is taught in Finnish, intensively as a two-day course.
The course Private-public relations TUKO1226 will be implemented in academic year 2017–2018.
Register for courses
Please find the course descriptions and registration on WebOodi > By study guide > Communities and changing work, 2016-17.
Kindly note the following: if you have registered for a course and cannot make it, please remember to cancel your registration.