Thematic studies 20 ECTS
Our thematic doctoral programmes each include a set of thematic studies (20 study credits). Thematic studies will strengthen your academic education and expertise by giving you substantial multidisciplinary know-how that can make your expertise stand out. Thematic studies in your doctoral degree are demonstrable and can be an asset in career planning.
The academic year 2017–2018 is very international: we have top academic experts lecturing on our courses.
Read more about the purpose of thematic studies >
Courses in academic year 2017–2018
Publishing seminar TUKO1214
- Professors Satu Miettinen, Jaana Erkkilä-Hill and Eija Timonen, University of Lapland
- Professor Nithikul Nimkulrat, Estonian Academy of Arts (to be confirmed)
Theoretical foundations of service design TUKO1223
- Professor Satu Miettinen, University of Lapland
Critical perspectives on sustainability TUKO1253
- Professor Bobby Banerjee, Cass Business School, City University of London
- Postdoctoral researcher Tiina Seppälä, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Lapland
Design thinking and intellectual property law TUKO1264
- Professor Tanya Aplin, Kings College London (UK)
- University lecturer Rosa Maria Ballardini, University of Lapland
Register for courses
Please find the course descriptions and registration on WebOodi > Instruction and courses > By study guide > Culture-based service design, 2017-18.
Kindly note the following: if you have registered for a course and cannot make it, please remember to cancel your registration.