Module 1: Scientific thinking and argumentation skills (3–5 ECTS)
• FILO1107 Tieteenfilosofia / Philosophy of Science (3 ECTS) Possibility to take the course online.
• FILO1108 Erikoisala I, argumentaation perusteet / Specialization I, basics of argumentation (3 ECTS) The lectures are in Finnish. The literature exam can be taken in English; other languages can also be possible.
• FILO1105 Logiikka ja argumentaatioteoria / Logic and theory of argumentation (3 ECTS) Possibility to take the course online.
Module 2: Orientations in the philosophy of science and methodological starting points (2–5 ECTS)
• TUKO1238 Philosophy of social sciences (3 ECTS)
• TUKO1186 Hermeneutics and phenomenology (3 ECTS)
Module 3: Research ethics (2–5 ECTS)
• TUKO1246 Research ethics (1 ECTS, 2 ECTS) Online course that has been created in collaboration between Finnish universities, and the teacher of the course is dr Henriikka Mustajoki (formerly Clarkeburn). There will be two opportunities to take this course: an online course in summer 2017 with one study credit, and an online course including a contact teaching day in autumn 2016 two study credits.
Module 4: Research skills (2–5 ECTS)
• TUKO1243 Orientation day for doctoral students (1 ECTS)
The orientation day will take place on 9 September 2016. Both new and more advanced doctoral candidates are warmly welcome! Registration on WebOodi. Participating through an online connection is also possible.
• TUKO1251 Introduction to applying for research funding (1 ECTS)
• TUKO1111 Writing in English (4 ECTS)
International visiting professor on this course!
• TUKO1113 Presenting I: the academic audience (3 ECTS)
• TUKO1244 Presenting II: unfolding research to various audiences (3 ECTS)
• YMEN1804 Scientific Information Retrieval (2 ECTS)
• TUKO1236 Tutkimuksen näkyvyys ja vaikuttavuus / Visibility and Impact of Research (1 op) The course takes place in English in spring 2017. It is possible to take the course through an online connection.
• TUKO1245 Esiintyminen ja osallistuminen tiede- ja taideyhteisössä / Presenting and participating in the academic community (3–6 ECTS)
There is no registration for this course on WebOodi, because you can get the credits by participating in various events organised at different times. Please read the course description carefully.
• TUKO1255 Strategies for success: workshop on academic writing and publishing (5 ECTS) International visiting professor on this course!