What is an international tutor?
The international tutors at the University play a key role when the University hosts over 200 international students from 40 different countries every year. Each tutor has 4 or 5 students to take care of per term (8 to 10 per academic year). The busiest times for tutors are the end of August/beginning of September and January. You have to be prepared to set aside plenty of time for your students then.
An international tutor
• helps students adjust to culture and student life in Finland and Rovaniemi
• gets in touch with incoming students even before their exchange starts
• meets his/her students when they arrive in Rovaniemi
• helps students with housing, banking and registration
• gives students advice on practical academic matters like using WebOodi and registering for courses.