Come and make friends with an international student!
Would you like to get to know new people from different cultures and offer them a window into Finnish culture? We are looking for local friends for international students coming to the University for an exchange or to do a degree.
The friend programme offers international students a chance
• to get a close look at Finnish culture, habits and everyday life
• to make a local friend who gets in touch regularly
• to feel better if they feel homesick
• to learn some Finnish
• to take part in the activities arranged by the University and Student Union – playing baseball, taking a sauna and watching Finnish films, to name just a few.
There’s a lot to gain by becoming a friend, too. You can
• get to know new cultures and people
• practice foreign language skills
• form friendships that will last well after your friends go back to their home countries
• take part in events for friends
You can sign up as a friend or as a student to the programme by filling out an electronic form by 8.9.2016. We will do our best to match the friends and international students on the basis of language, hobbies and other interests.
We run the friend programme in cooperation with the Rovaniemi University of Applied Sciences. The programme can boast over 200 local participants in the past four years.
For more information, contact
Tel. 040 484 4396
Take a look at the Finnish Friend Programme Guide too!