Tuija Hautala-Hirvioja | Professor of Art History
Public exhibitions are a clever and effective means of popularising art history. They make it easy to present new points of view and simultaneously hold a mirror up to their aggregate knowledge.
Exhibitions I have curated either alone or in collaboration with museums, and other work:
- Panorama Lapponica (exhibition), including curation of concurrently exhibited pieces for and in collaboration with Rovaniemi Art Museum, 21.1-28.3.1999.
- Exhibition of Maija Kellokumpu's work, curation and hanging at the Salla Library (2.12.1999-20.1.2000) and at the Kemijärvi Culture Centre (17.2-31.3.2000), in collaboration with Rovaniemi Art Museum.
- Curation of H. Ahtela ja Helene Schjerfeck exhibition at Kajaani Art Museum 17.6-16.9.2001, including opening presentation on 15.6.2001. The exhibition continued at the Aine Art Museum in Tornio 1.10-4.11.2001 and at the Riihimäki Art Museum 10.11-3.2.2002.
- Exhibition of Rauni Upola's work, curation and hanging at Rovaniemi Library, Laponia Hall, 2-29.1.2005.
- Exhibition commemorating the 80th anniversary of the birth of Reidar Särestöniemi, curation for Rovaniemi Art Museum, including design and content production of web pages for the event, 14.5-18.9.2005.
- Text of playbill titled "Media – hyvä renki mutta huono isäntä. Reidar Särestöniemi ja julkisuus" for the play by Pieta Koskenniemi entitled "Reitari", produced by Rovaniemi Theatre and the Regional Theatre of Lapland (premier 8.10.2005).
- Anniversary exhibition of the Palas Art Society, judging, hanging and opening at Rovaniemi Library, Lapponica Hall, 26.10-30.11.2005.
- "Palas Yesterday" (exhibition 6.5-25.6.2006), curation at Rovaniemi Art Museum, including opening speech on 5.5.2006.
- "Palas Today" (exhibition, 1.6-1.7.2006), curation and judging at the Lapponica Hall, Illusia Cafe and Rovaniemi City Hall foyer, including opening speech on 31.5.2006.