SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICES
This service is supported by the Communications and External Relations,
Full contact information and opening hours:
Currently, the so-called official social media services of the University of Lapland are Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and video (e.g. Youtube, Vimeo). Also units, projects, and individuals have their own social media channels.
Presence in social media builds the public image and boosts its influence of the University of Lapland. The target groups are the present and future students, personnel, and partners.
The Communications and External Relations unit administers the following social media channels:
- Laajakulma, Opiskelijaelämää, Tiedekirnu and Taidekammi
The Communications and External Relations unit chooses content providers for the channels case by case.
The Communications and External Relations unit has made a communication plan for social media. It is available at https://intra.ulapland.fi/some
The aim of the plan is to:
• Explain why the University of Lapland must be involved in social media
• Define the objectives of social media and to describe the utilization of social media in the university’s communication
• Outline the way in which social media will be intertwined into the university’s other communication and marketing
• Outline the contents to be communicated through the various services of social media
• Outline the resources, follow-up, and development of social media within the organization
• Outline the ways to increase and maintain the university personnel’s social media literacy
The service is administered by the Communications and External Relations unit of the University of Lapland.
Support is available during the personnel’s working hours.