The Students use eduroam wlan.
Eduroam wlan network is intended for staff and students own laptops, as well as the use of mobile
terminals (laptops, which are IT service management and includes LUC.LOCAL active directory, use
the LUC wlan network). Eduroam allows for roaming in organizations that have joined eduroam
Eduroam settings can be found at http://www.eduroam.org
The personnel of the Univeritys of Lapland log in to the LUC wlan automatically, when they are using laptops maintained by the ICT-Services.
The wireless network intended to visitors use in University of Lapland (Guest wlan)
The wlan uses WPA-PSK (WiFi Protected Access – Pre Shared Key) authentication mechanism. Visitors will get the key from the servicedesk.
The users of the wireless network should take care of security way of usage: they have to use secure point-to-point connections when using services containing confidential data (e.g. ssl-secured connection, vpn-connections
Further Information (FIN)
WLAN SUPPORT SERVICE
Support and advice
The HelpDesk and the servicedesk for staff of the University of Lapland provides WLAN support. Students, staff and visitors who have access and user name to some eduroam organisation can use the university’s Eduroam wireless network, which can be accessed using the personal username and password. The Eduroam username of the users of the Uiniverity of Lapland is firstname.lastname@example.org and the password is the same password as is used in WebOodi, Optima, and the email service.
Visitors may also use the Guest Network by requesting a password from the HelpDesk or servicedesk.
1) Wireless network login advice
2) Problem solving and guidance
3) Handing out the Guest Network password to visitors
1) The wireless network is available in the following locations of the University of Lapland: Yliopistonkatu 8 (main campus), the university’s guest house, Siljotie 2 (Rotko), Hallituskatu 20 (Vilhontalo), Laajakaista 3 (Pöykkölä), Training School (Pohjolankatu 23), and the Arctic Centre (Pohjoisranta 4).
2) The WLAN support service is meant for the staff of. the students of and visitors to the university.
Lapland University Consortium, ICT Services
Support is available during the HelpDesk’s and Servivedesk´s opening hours.