To develop virtual design in design education, the present investigators had the following objectives;
1) to develop and implement authentic and meaningful design contexts in VDS,
2) facilitate creation of shared design ideas in design teams,
3) support participation of end users in networked design processes,
4) provide expert-support for virtual design process,
5) create scaffolds for design thinking based on progressive inquiry model, and
6) carry out empirical case studies at the elementary, higher educational and professional levels, to gather data on the effects and effectiveness of the VDS’s and document their process.
(datan keruu taulukko)