University of Lapland, Finland
The purpose of the research is to promote the development of inclusive education at the Faculty of Education, at the University of Lapland. This will be carried out by interlinked studies:
1) a self-reflection and careful analysis of current challenges and opportunities in the cultures, policies and practices within the faculty; and
2) exploring and developing inclusive practices in the project schools and understanding how teachers understand and respond to diversity in remote, rural areas.
Each study is independent part of the overall research task, but they will all relate the conclusions to our common understanding of inclusive education. The research outcomes will contribute to a broader understanding of the process of inclusion – exclusion.
Murmansk State Humanities University (MSHU), Russia
- Attitude of teachers in the Murmansk region towards the ideas of inclusive education;
- Creation of tolerant barrier-free environment in a concrete educational institution;
- Carrying out monitoring of results of teaching, educating developing children with limited health abilities in conditions of inclusive education;
- Organization of common practice of teachers with psychologist and speech therapist;
- To help children with limited health abilities to socialize in a group of peers;
- Realization of individual educational routes of children with limited health abilities in conditions of inclusive education.
Northern Arctic Federal University (NARFU), Russia
Research objective is to ensure sustainable, positive development of inclusive education in the Arkhangelsk region.
1. Development of theoretical bases for realization of inclusive education;
2. Analysis of standard and legal base for realization of inclusive
education in the Russian Federation;
3. Studying of institutional, organizational, pedagogical, social,
psychological and methodical aspects of functioning of system of inclusive
education in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark;
4. Analysis of domestic experience of existing resource
5. Analysis of opportunities of use of the specialized equipment for work
with children with limited opportunities of health (LOH) ;
6. Studying of the contingent being trained with LOH, types of educational
institutions and problems of realization of inclusive training in the
7. Selection and justification of modern rehabilitation and educational
technologies, techniques, methods and receptions of training and education of
children with limited opportunities of health in the conditions of realization
of inclusive education.
The publication Learning from Our Neighbours: Inclusive Education in the Making is relocated under 'Publications and Results'.