Project activities correspond to the following activities funded from Erasmus+ strategic partnership:
- The cooperation between organisations with a view to establishing exchanges of practices. The project will include: 1) comparative research of inclusive education experience in the education systems of partner countries; 2) experience dissemination in scientific and practical conferences where the pedagogues and researchers from the institutions in partner countries will participate together with teachers and researchers from other interested schools and institutions of higher education of the conference hosting country; 3) the preparation of a joint study course, implemented via distance learning. It will be implemented by partner universities of the project. The participants of the study module will include university students willing to participate as well as teachers wishing to upgrade their qualification.
- Activities that promote the development, testing and/or implementation of innovative practices in the field of education, training and youth. The project will produce context sensitive/ situated approaches that widen and deepen the understanding of inclusive education in socio-psychological, educational and social areas. The recommendations will be based on the conclusions of the research to be carried out (comparative analysis of inclusive education experience in partner countries) as well as the results of implementing educational practices that are evidence and research based in the education systems of partner schools.
During the project, university researchers will 1) develop research methodology together; 2) carry out research in the contexts of their countries; 3) perform comparative analysis of inclusive education experience; 4) develop methodological recommendations on the implementation of inclusive education in schools; 5) evaluate their efficiency after the testing in schools; 6) specify the methodological recommendations; 7) together with co-authors, they produce and publish the scientific study; 8) write and publish scientific articles in international databases; 9) design and implement a joint international distance learning study module for students and teachers willing to upgrade their qualification in the field of inclusive education; 10) organize scientific and practical conferences.
Also school teachers will 1) participate in the research as respondents and also as active developers as in action research 2) participate in the development of the theoretical model of inclusive education; 3)test the developed methodological recommendations on inclusive education in practice; 4) reflect on their effectiveness; 5) participate in the production of the final version of the recommendations; 6) participate in the scientific and practical conferences; 7) encourage the teachers of their own and other participating schools to study in the joint international course in inclusive education; 8) disseminate the experience acquired during the project among co-operating schools.
Project implementation period is 9/2014 - 8/2017
During the project period the following will be achieved:
1) Researchers and teachers from four European countries (Lithuania, Poland, Finland and Austria) will exchange experience and significantly increase the competence in the field of inclusive education of pupils with special needs.
2) International research will be carried out, which will focus on the perception of inclusive education in countries with different cultural backgrounds as well as best practices in schools implementing inclusive education in the countries. The research will take a complex look at inclusive education process, covering the entirety of processes: socio-psychological, educational, and social aspects.
3) On the grounds of the research results, a scientific study will be produced on the topic “Inclusive Education: Socio-Psychological, Educational and Social Aspects.” The co-authors of the study will be the researchers of the four European partner universities of the project. The scientific study will be published in English and available to readers of various countries.
4) On the grounds of the research results, two scientific articles will be produced. “Comparative Analysis of the Perception of Inclusive Education: Lithuania, Poland, Austria, and Finland” and “Successful Aspects of Inclusive Education in Four European Countries: Teachers’ Approach”. The articles will be published in international databases.
5) On the grounds of the research conclusions and the evaluation in the schools, methodological recommendations will be developed and published in English and the languages of the project partners. They will include proposed ways of inclusive education organization in cases when pupils with different abilities and needs learn in the same general classrooms, in three aspects: a) building socio-psychological environment (teaching values, interpersonal and sexual education); b) educational solutions (curriculum individualization, methodological solutions for lesson organization, assessment of pupil achievements); c) creating social conditions for the activity of pupils with disabilities.
6) On the grounds of the research results and practical experience in inclusive education in different countries, a study course “Inclusive Education Implementation in Schools” will be prepared. The course will consist of 8 ECTS credits. It will be realized at a distance, and the students of all partner universities as well as practicing teachers willing to increase their competence in the field of inclusive education will participate in it. The course will be implemented by researchers of partner universities, each taking a part of the course for 2 ECTS credits. The participants of the course will receive international certificates.
7) While implementing the project, four scientific and practical conferences will be organized, one in each participating university. Researchers from partner universities and teachers from partner schools will participate in the conferences. In order to achieve the multiplier effect in the results of the project as well as their sustainability, all researchers and teachers of the country where the conference is taking place willing to participate in the conference will be invited.
8) The intellectual outputs produced during the project (scientific study, scientific articles, methodological recommendations, and distance learning study module) and other activities carried out will enrich the competence of educating pupils with different abilities for practicing teachers and students undergoing training to become teachers. This means decreasing social exclusion in pupil communities, increasing inclusive education quality in partner countries of the project and a significant contribution to the implementation of the plan of the whole Europe to build inclusive education system.