Welcome to the International Relations Office
In the North - For the World
The University of Lapland in the City of Rovaniemi, on the Arctic Circle, is the northernmost university in Finland and the European Union.
The University of Lapland is an international and innovative research-oriented higher education institution that contributes new innovations through research and education to the regional, national, and international arenas. The university offers international degree and non-degree programmes and our graduates, at all levels of study, posses the desired competencies needed in today's modern global society.
International cooperation and collaboration is highly valued at the University of Lapland. These activities can be seen in our numerous cooperative agreements with universities in more than 40 different countries. To support the cooperation with its international partners, the university offers a variety of specialised services and extensive teaching in English to international faculty and students.
The International Relations Office is responsible for:
- Implementing the University’s 2020 strategy and its internationalisation goals.
- Administration of the University’s international partnerships.
- Administration of mobility programmes and activities, such as bilateral institution-to-institution mobility, Erasmus+, FIRST, north2north and Nordplus.
- Administration of the student, staff, and researcher mobility.
- Dissemination of internal and international information.
- Management and development of internationalisation of the University of Lapland in cooperation with faculties and other units.
If you are looking for materials related to student exchange and how to apply to the University of Lapland, please go here. This link will direct you to information on all matters concerning how to apply as a degree or exchange student, application forms, practical information on Finnish language studies, living in the North, and the system of study at the University of Lapland.
The staff of the International Relations Office would like to cordially welcome you to the University of Lapland!