The aim of education is that the pupils grow to be citizens who respect themselves, their environment and their society. The pupils will acquire the knowledge and skills to build their own lives in an increasingly international world.
During the first six school years it is important to learn more skills than knowledge = learning to learn. Such skills are:
- interactive skills
- respect for one’s own environment
- respect for other cultures
There are three special emphasizes:
- Music classes include instrumental learning, school choir and performing experiences.
- Environmental studies provide experiences of nature, knowledge of nature and taking care of the nature.
- Physical education class gives the pupils a possibility to learn to enjoy different kind of sports by having time to really learn the skills.