Publish with us!
Anyone writing a work of high academic standard is welcome to submit a proposal for its publication with LUP.
What do we publish?
LUP publishes high-quality manuscripts in the sciences as well as the arts. Our profile as a publisher closely reflects the strategic profile of University of Lapland, which derives from the institution’s role as a seat of research on the Arctic and northern culture. However, we also welcome manuscripts addressing other salient topics in the social sciences, law, education, and art and design.
Strategic focuses of University of Lapland
|Sustainable development, law and justice
|Northern well-being, education and work
|Culture-centred service design
Manuscripts and ideas for books are all submitted to the editorial board, which decides on those that will go forward in the publishing process. All approved manuscripts will be peer-reviewed. If the reviewers favor publication, a publishing agreement can be signed, provided the authors are willing to make the corrections suggested by the reviewers.
How to proceed?
Please send your manuscript or idea for a book to lup [ at ] ulapland.fi and attach a separate document providing us with the following information:
- Corresponding author and his/her contact details
- All authors and editors of the work
- Name of the work
- Short introduction of the contents
- The number of words
- Possibilities to get financial support for the publishing process
It would also be good to answer the following questions:
- What is the target readership? For whom has the work been written?
- What novel contribution does the work make?
- Why should LUP accept the work for publication?
All information given is confidential.