Thematic studies 20 ECTS
Our thematic doctoral programmes each include a set of thematic studies (20 study credits). Thematic studies will strengthen your academic education and expertise by giving you substantial multidisciplinary know-how that can make your expertise stand out. Thematic studies in your doctoral degree are demonstrable and can be an asset in career planning.
Our academic year 2017–2018 is very international: we have top academic experts on our courses.
Read more about the purpose of thematic studies >
Thematic courses in academic year 2017–2018
UArctic PhD course TUKO1217
A field course organised abroad with a separate application procedure; please read the course description on WebOodi.
Sustainable natural resource policy TUKO1220
- Dr. Hannah Strauss-Mazzullo, Arctic Centre, University of Lapland
Critical perspectives on sustainability TUKO1253
- Professor Bobby Banerjee, Cass Business School, City University of London
- Postdoctoral researcher Tiina Seppälä, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Lapland
Sustainable use of natural resources: the role of law in an Arctic context TUKO1258
- Professor Nigel Bankes, University of Calgary
- University lecturer Ilari Hovila, Faculty of Law, University of Lapland
- Senior researcher Tanja Joona, Arctic Centre, University of Lapland
Craftivism as way of knowledge production TUKO1265
- University teacher Miia Collanus, Faculty of Education, University of Tampere
- University teacher Sigga-Marja Magga, Giellagas Institute, University of Oulu
- Associate professor Sanna Valkonen, Sámi research, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Lapland
An education – Building a nation in the classroom TUKO1267
- Professor Benedikte Brincker, Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy, Copenhagen Business School
- Senior researcher Heidi Sinevaara-Niskanen, Faculty of Education, University of Lapland
Register for courses
Please find the course descriptions and registration on WebOodi > Instruction and courses > By study guide > Northern cultures and natural resource politics, 2017-18.
Kindly note the following: if you have registered for a course and cannot make it, please remember to cancel your registration.