Hi new member/contact person! Welcome to our network! This page is created to give you all the information you need when joining our network.
Our Networks have a joint Facebook group, where you can keep updated on network activities and other interesting issues.
If you want to send email to the network members, you can find the email addresses of each contact person here (UArctic TN, UNESCO/UNITWIN), or you can use our mailing lists:
UArctic TN: uarcticteachered(at)ulapland.fi
We have two separate networks - UArctic Thematic Network on Teacher Education and UNESCO/UNITWIN Network on Teacher Education - but there are lots of common things. We are interested in similar issues, so some of our activities are organised in collaboration with both networks. Some activities are organised with just one of the networks, and activities can be also organised with just some of the network members - all the network members does not need to be involved in everything. For example you can organise local summits with the Network members near you, or have joint research or mobility activities with members with some specific expertise. Even the coordinator does not need to participate in everything - it's just important to keep the coordinator aware of everything.
Most important thing the network member should do is to be active. We encourage all the network members to share interesting projects, take the initiative in organising network activities and apply funding. Applying funding is very important for securing the continuation of network activities. The coordinator applies funding for some of the network activities, but the funding for participating the activities (travels ect) should be applied locally, as well as funding for organising local network activities.
Both of the networks have universities as their members. Each university has 1-3 contact persons, who are the contact point between the network member (the university/institution) and network coordinator / other members.
Coordinator is responsible on:
- Coordinating the network activities
- Updating the web pages
- Posting newsletters and news pieces
- Facilitating communication between the network members
- Sharing information on possible funding sources
- Coordinating the webinars (presented by the network members)
- Applying funding for some of the network activities
- Evaluating the network activities
- Reporting the network activities
Contact person is responsible on:
- Sharing the information on network activities in their own organisation and own networks (prior task!)
- Introducing theirself as a new member in network Facebook group
- Sharing conference calls, funding possibilities and other useful information with the network members (Facebook group or email)
- Applying funding for network activities (e.g. shared research, network events, travelling to the network meetings, mobility)
- Organising their own travels and participation in network activities
- Sharing information on their own institution's current projects or other activities that might be interesting to other network members (Facebook group or email)
- Keeping the coordinator on the loop on local network activities
- Participate in presenting in the webinars, share and advertise the webinars
UArctic Thematic Network on Teacher Education and UNESCO/UNITWIN Network on Teacher Education have a visual identity, which can be seen also in the banner of the website. The visual identity is used in the publications and print materials of the networks.
Here you can download the files for printing posters or flyers. There are two types of the network posters: one with space for the logo of your own institution, and one without extra space. If you want, you can add the logo of your own institution in the logo banner in the poster and then get the poster printed. Posters can be used e.g. in your office or institution to show you are part of the network, local network events, or other suitable places.
You can also download letter and powerpoint templates with visual identity of the Networks. Templates can be used in presentations or other activities related to the Networks.
There are also some other printable files for network materials available (e.g. Conclusions, Position Statement). If you wish to have them, or if you have any other questions relating to the print materials/templates of the Networks, please contact project coordinator Janette Peltokorpi (janette.peltokorpi(at)ulapland.fi).