During the Symposium, you are able to stay in University housing in a single room for €35 a night. FULLY BOOKED!
Reservations have been made at the Scandic Hotel under the name UArctic Thematic Network. Rooms are priced as €98 for a single and €108 for a twin. This price includes breakfast, wifi, gym and use of the sauna. This offer is available until the 5th of November.
Here are some links for alternative accommodation:
- To and from the airport: You can get to the University or the city from the airport by taking an airport bus. It will cost 12 euros and take about 20 minutes. More information available here http://www.airportbus.fi/?language=en
- To the University: If you are staying in the city centre during your visit, you can get to the University by taking bus number 4 from the Ruokasenkatu bus stop. A bus ticket will cost approximately 3-4 euros (for more information on buses here). Alternatively, it is approximately a 40 minute walk to the university from the city centre along picturesque lakes and the river.
- Taxi: If needed a taxi can be ordered through this number +358 16 106 410.
Things to see and do:
The information centre is located in Lordi Square (www.visitrovaniemi.fi) in the city centre. For some ideas:
Other important information:
- The emergency phone number in Finland is 112
- Pharmacy: Sampo Apteekki Rovakatu 28, 96200 Rovaniemi, Suomi
- Hospital: Lapland Central Hospita
- Weather: FORECA
Satu-Maarit Frangou, firstname.lastname@example.org
Saana Korva, email@example.com