EU/EEA countries and Switzerland

The right to Finnish social security for employees from other EU/EEA countries or Switzerland generally is determined by the duration of the employment. If your employment lasts at least two years, you are entitled to have full coverage by the Finnish social security system.

If you intend to work in Finland for less than four months, generally you are not entitled to Finnish social security benefits. You are, however, entitled to e.g. medical treatment in the public system if the contributions are paid to Finland. If your planned employment lasts between four months and two years, you are e.g. allowed to get health insurance benefits and child home care allowance. Generally, the same rules apply for persons moving to Finland from another Nordic country.

Persons that are carrying a European health insurance card are entitled to necessary medical treatment. The European health insurance card mainly covers emergency treatment.
Our website uses cookies, read more. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. [I Agree]