The Circumpolar Studies program (formerly known as BCS) is an exciting way for students attending University of the Arctic (UArctic) member institutions to learn about the Circumpolar North, with courses held in the classroom, on line, outdoors and around the world.
- The UArctic Circumpolar Studies program provides a solid understanding of issues relevant to the Arctic and opportunities to further study unique and diverse research subjects.
- The Circumpolar Studies program gives you the opportunity to learn about the lands, peoples and issues of the Circumpolar North and prepares you for advanced study or professional employment in fields as diverse as sustainable resource management, self-government, Arctic engineering and tourism.
- The University of the Arctic (UArctic) is a cooperative network of universities, colleges, and other organizations committed to higher education and research in the North.
- University of Lapland offers the Arctic Studies Programme as part of the UArctic Circumpolar Studies.
Students and Studies
Circumpolar Studies courses are offered both on-site at participating UArctic member institutions and online through member institutions.
- Interested degree and exchange students at the University of Lapland
are invited to sign up to study northern topics in online global
classrooms with fellow students from Russia, Greenland, Denmark, Canada,
Alaska, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland.
- Visit the UArctic program web-site for further details.
Students at the University of Lapland and other students who are interested in the Arctic Studies Programme, please contact the isc(at)ulapland.fi.
For general academic advising for students interested in Circumpolar
Studies, and for students already participating in the program, please contact circumpolarstudies(at)uarctic.org
For information on upcoming online offerings, please contact circumpolarstudies(at)uarctic.org
Circumpolar Studies Site Coordinator / University of Lapland
International Studies Coordinator
University of Lapland
International Relations Office
Tel. +358 (0)40 484 4195