Media Education Application Documents
The application form is filled in and submitted online; applicants are not required to send a printed copy of the application with their documents.
The following documents should be submitted to University Admissions Finland by mail:
- A copy of your bachelor’s degree certificate/diploma from an institution of higher education, and (if required) its Finnish, English, or Swedish translation. If you are only graduating in the spring of 2016, you must enclose a recent copy of your study transcript, and indicate the date when you will graduate.
- A transcript of records/grade report which indicates also the grading system of the institution of higher education, and (if required) its Finnish, English, or Swedish translation.
- Results of a language test or documentation of one of the other approved methods of demonstrating language proficiency in the English language.
Studies (at least 20 ECTS) in English in one of the Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, or Sweden), Great Britain, Ireland, the USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
- A copy of your passport’s ID page
- A motivation letter as part of the University Admissions Finland application form.
A letter of motivation should answer to these questions: why are you applying to the Master's Degree programme in Media Education, what is your academic and personal goal, what are your expectations and challenges regarding the studies, how your earlier studies support your Media Education studies, what kind of research projects interest you, and what kind of effect will these studies have to your future career choices? In addition, the motivation letter can also describe the applicant's hobbies, organisational activities, work experience and previous long-term periods abroad. Motivation letter is written in English and it should be no longer than four (4) pages in length.
- A summary or an abstract of the final thesis from your previous degree as part of the University Admissions Finland application form.
The summary is written in English and it should be no longer than 4 000 characters in length.
- must be short, clear description of the contents of the thesis (written assignment or research project)
- must include all the conclusions and pieces of new information included in the thesis
- presents the purpose, methods, results, and conclusions of the research
- outlines the contents in the same way as the thesis it is based on
- is written on one sheet (A4) and a division into paragraphs is used
You may also enclose:
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV). Both Europass CV and free-form CV written in either Finnish, Swedish or English are accepted.
- A letter of recommendation from a former teacher or instructor. Both free form and ready-made form are accepted.