Tuition fees and costs of living

Frequently asked questions concerning the tuition fees and costs of living:

  • Is there any tuition fee? What is the fee structure at your institution?
  • What other costs there are except the tuition fee?
  • How much money do I need per month?
  • Are there any scholarships that I can apply for?


  • No, there are NO tuition fees in Finland  and Sweden where public universities, university colleges and universities of applied sciences are still financed by government and taxes.
    In Norway tuition fee is NOT REQUIRED , although fees may be imposed for certain professional education programmes, further and special education programmes. Students are required to pay a registration fee USD 55 (NOK 500) each semester.
    In Russia education at a preparatory department costs USD 1000-1200 per year. While the cost of university education depends on the educational programme and varies between USD 1200-2000 per year.
  • Students in all universities have to pay for their food, housing, clothes, social life, and so on. Living costs vary according to the type of housing, eating habits, and social activities you choose to do. Living costs for a single student per month average from USD 300 in Russia , USD 400 in Finland , USD 800 in Sweden , and USD 800 in Norway . To obtain a residence permit for educational purposes, you must prove that you are able to support yourself while studying.
    The libraries are free. However, there are some costs related to study materials that vary from field to field.
    The membership fee of the Student Union for degree and exchange students in Finland and Sweden is, however, compulsory for all students pursuing a basic degree. The membership fee rages from USD 25 – 75 per academic year depending of the union. A student card gives access to travel discounts, reduced price for on-campus catering and even health care services.
  • Please note that universities have no reserved scholarships or other grants specifically for international students. Students must be able to finance their own studies for other resources.
  • There is small number of scholarships offered by the Swedish Institute in Sweden (, the Centre for International Mobility in Finland ( and The Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Higher Education (SIU) ( To read more about these scholarships and who is eligible to apply, visit the indicated websites.
    If you are applying to a Russian University you should consult the Ministry of Education at your home country, in order to find out if scholarship possibilities are provided within the agreement between your home country and Russia .
< top
Verkkopalvelumme käyttää evästeitä, lue lisää evästeistä. Jatkamalla sivuston selailua hyväksyt evästeiden käytön. [Hyväksyn ehdot]