Dear doctoral researchers,
we would like to warmly welcome you to participate in our next PhD Career Café meeting themed Ethics and privacy: PhD graduates' key competences.
What: PhD Career Café to be held in a hybrid way: you are welcome to arrive in situ or participate online. We have reserved lectureroom 8 (entry from main hall, Yliopistonkatu 8, Rovaniemi) and will provide an online connection.
When: The meeting will be held on Thursday 25 August, 16:30/17:00–19:00 (Finnish time, UTC+2). For those participating on campus, please come and enjoy snacks offered at 16:30. The event with presenters will start at 17:00.
Theme and programme of the meeting: This PhD Career Café meeting is themed Ethics and privacy: PhD graduates' key competences.
We will hear three interesting presentations concerning ethical conduct, understanding privacy issues and using these skills in your career.
The presenters are:
- Rob van den Hoven van Genderen, Professor of practice, PhD (Faculty of Law)
- Petra Falin, DA, Research Integrity Adviser at the University of Lapland, Secretary of Lapland University Consortium Ethics Committee
- Jouko Nuottila, DSc, Post-doctoral researcher on IPR, IP Management & Sustainability
How to join: You can sign up by Monday 22 August: https://link.webropol.com/s/careercafeaugust In the same registration form, we welcome questions to the presenters and ideas for future café meetings.
Why join: These career café meetings are a place for discussing and raising awareness of the vast career possibilities of doctoral degree holders. The online meetings are here to support our doctoral researchers in developing career thinking and planning in the following areas:
- recognizing and strengthening useful skills for PhD careers
- identifying versatile career opportunities
- supporting networking among doctoral alumni, doctoral researchers, and stakeholders in business life as well as in academia.
We welcome you to join these events to support your career thinking!
The career café was developed with support from the PhD work project, based in the Doctoral School of ULapland. The project will soon end, but these biannual career café meetings will continue.
Questions: The coordinator of the career café meetings is PhD Krista Kohtakangas (firstname.lastname@example.org) who also teaches a doctoral course on career planning (TUKO1287). She defended her dissertation in 2019 on caring leadership and self-compassionate self-leadership. If you have any questions, you can contact her directly.
Doctoral School team