Minority Seminar 2020 will be held on May 6-8 in Vaasa, Finland, with theme "Curriculums for Social Justice". Call for papers is now open, with the deadline on September 30, 2019.
The seminar aims to collectively discuss how to develop justice-oriented pedagogies. With permeating signs of racism, harassment and violence, as well as increasing social inequalities both locally and globally, there is a need to reflect on the role of education in relation to social justice.
The theme of the seminar implies the salience of diverse voices and perspectives, thus the organisers have chosen not to set predetermined subthemes. The working groups will be formed based on the submissions received. With that said, the following topics may act as inspiration:
- Decolonial approaches to education
- Culturally and linguistically responsive teaching
- Teaching and learning in global contexts
- Minority, identities and intersectionality
- Voices and values within education and curriculum development
- Differentiation and social justice: special education, students with disabilities, gifted students, refugee students...
Deadline for submission is on September 30, 2019. Read the full call for papers and seminar invitation here.