ULapland offers a wide variety of courses in English eventhough the main language of teaching is Finnish. For the convenience of the exchange students, the Faculties and the Language Centre compiles summaries of the courses offered in English.
1. Get acquainted with ULapland study offer in English and prepare a study plan
- Consult our course overview and discuss your choices with your home coordinator.
- Choose the courses you wish to take during your exchange stay at ULapland.
- We recommend applying for some extra courses, in case some courses are not available or doable. Sometimes timetables of the chosen courses might overlap or you might not be qualified for a certain course.
- ULapland requires minimum 25 ECTS credits of studies per semester unless otherwise agreed with the student’s home institution.
The study offer is usually published in April for the upcoming academic year (2023/24) and will be uploaded in this section when ready. The timetables will be available in the beginning of August in Peppi. If you are planning your studies before the study offer is published - don't worry, just orient with the previous year's study offer. It seldom changes radically.
Peppi Study Guide - coures for exchange students
Faculty of Art and Design - studies in English 2022-2023 in the next section on the right)
Social Sciences - Studies in English 2022-2023
* click the blue button SHOW TIMING AS ACADEMIC YEARS and change it to SHOW TIMING AS SEMESTERS
* 1a = autumn semester, 1s = spring semester. If both semesters are ticked, the course is offered twice in the academic year.
* book exams = independent study based on informed and agreed literature in the course description, and completion of assignment.
* suggestions for composing the study plan
Faculty of Law - Studies in English
Faculty of Education -Studies in English
Language Centre - Studies in English 2022 - 2023
You may choose courses also from the following studies:
Arctic Studies Program - see Faculty of Social Sciences
China Domestic, Global and Arctic Trajectories - see Faculty of Social Sciences
Gender Studies - see Faculty of Education
Global Education - see Faculty of Education
Intercultural Communication - See Language Centre
Languages and Cultures - See Language Centre
Research Methodology - Faculty of Social Sciences
In addition ULapland exchange students may also choose courses from the Finnish universities collaboration networks
UniPID - Finnish University Partnership for International Development (the course offer is being updated)
Hilma - Network for Gender Studies
Sosnet_- Finnish University Partnership for International Development