1. Get to know your studyoptions
Check the courses offered in English from here.
Do you need help? You can contact Incoming services online in TEAMS on Tue & Thu 12.00 - 14.00 through following link
https://www.ulapland.fi/IN_office_hours at any issues related to your exchange studies and application process.
2. Check your eligibility
Eligible exchange applicant
1. Is a student from partner universities with one of the following agreements:
Erasmus+, Nordplus or Nordlys, First, North2north or Bilateral mobility agreements.
Also so-called "Freemover " student enrolled at an institution of
higher education may apply. Priority is given to the applicants within
the networks and partner universities.
2. Has sufficient knowledge of English, both oral and written, for academic studies.
Required level of English language proficiency must be CEF B2 / IELTS 6 / TOEFL iBT 87 or equivalent
Students must prove their English skills in the SoleMOVE online
application e.g. with a transcript of records, letter from the home
university or official language test such as TOEFL iBT, IELTS Academic or similar. For
further reference, please see the Exam English page for comparison of Common European Framework (CEF) levels and scores for the various exams.
3. Get nominated by your home university
Your home university's coordinator must nominate you
for one or two semesters of exchange studies. The nomination should be done in SoleMove (university representatives can ask for the username for the system; email incoming(at)ulapland.fi) or university representatives can nominate directly by secure email and include the following
1) home university
2) applicant’s name (First name/Last name)
3) date of birth
4) gender (female / male)
5) valid email address
6) duration of the exchange
7) EU subject area at home institution
8) EU Subject Area Code at ULapland
The nomination deadlines are:
- 30 April for autumn and full-year admissions
- 30 September for spring admissions
4. Activate your user account in SoleMOVE
You'll get the activation link directly to your e-mail after your nomination.