1. Get to know your studyoptions
Check the courses offered in English from here.
2. Check your eligibility
Eligible exchange applicant
1. Is a student from partner universities with one of the following agreements:
Erasmus+, Nordplus or Nordlys, First, North2north or Bilateral mobility agreements.
Also so-called "Freemover " student enrolled at an institution of
higher education may apply. Priority is given to the applicants within
the networks and partner universities.
2. Has sufficient knowledge of English, both oral and written, for academic studies.
Required level of English language proficiency must be
- CEF B2 / IELTS 6 / TOEFL iBT 80 or equivalent for the Faculties of Education, Law and Social Sciences and
- CEF B1 / IELTS 5 / TOEFL 75 or equivalent for the Faculty of Art and Design.
Students must prove their English skills in the SoleMOVE online
application e.g. with a transcript of records, letter from the home
university or official language test TOEFL IbT, IELTS Academic. For
further reference, please see the Exam English page for comparison of Common European Framework (CEF) levels and scores for the various exams.
3. Get nominated by your home university
Your home university's coordinator must nominate you
for one or two semesters of exchange studies. The nomination should be done in SoleMove or by secure email and include the following
1) home university
2) applicant’s name (First name/Last name)
3) date of birth
4) gender (female / male)
5) valid email address
6) duration of the exchange
7) EU subject area at home institution
8) EU Subject Area Code at ULapland
The nomination deadlines are:
- 30 April for autumn and full-year admissions
- 30 September for spring admissions