Welcome to international education planning afternoon. You will get to know the support services for international education, hear experiences in international education/course planning and development and have the possibility to learn jointly with ULapland colleagues.
The university aims to enhance international master’s degree education and to increase the number of international degree students during the current profit agreement period 2021–2024. To reach this goal, we will develop our internal cooperation and our network of international master’s degree education. The work is coordinated by the new Master School ULapland (MSU) network and the development afternoon is part of MSU implementation.
Afternoon is targeted for all ULapland staff, who are currently developing international programmes/education, are planning to develop or are interested in learning more on international education planning. Language will be Finnish + English.
Register yourself for the development afternoon through this link on May 13th 2022 at the latest.
Time: Tue 17.5. at 12:15 - 15:30
Place: Lecture room 17 + 18 (no online participation possiblity)
12:15 Welcoming coffee
12:30 Introduction to the development afternoon
Vice-rector Satu Uusiautti
12:45 – 13:30 Introducing support services
- LUC services for teaching and learning, support services for international education planning
- Master School ULapland: coordination, student recruitment, international admissions etc.
- SILTA -Project presentation, support for international students
- Funding opportunities for education planning and development: R&D services, international mobility services
13:45 – 14:45 Experiences on international education planning – joint discussion
- Faculty of Law: Planning and developing joint master’s programme, external funding experiences
- Faculty of Education: Planning, developing and piloting joint master’s course within ArcticFive, external funding experiences
- Faculty of Art and Design: Jointly organised master’s degree programme, double degree
- Faculty of Social Sciences: Planning and developing joint master’s courses, external funding and the role of research
14:45 -15:25 Workshop
15:25 – 15:30 Closing words
More information: Education specialist, MSU coordinator Jaana Severidt, tel. 040 772 6510, email firstname.lastname(at)ulapland.fi