(Use Firefox or Chrome browsers.)
EXAM rooms are located across the library and marked as Exam 1–9 and Exam 10–25. The exam rooms are open 8–24 every day with a key card. You can get the key card from Facility Office Services. Without the key card the exam rooms are open during the University’s opening hours Mon–Fri 8–20 and Sat 8–16.
Service days: 16.1., 23.1., 24.1., 6.2., 6.3.
Logging in to an exam room
- The door opens 5 min before the exam. You can enter the room 30 min after your exam time.
- There is a locker cabinet in the exam room. Do not take anything to your seat.
- Ear plugs are available in the exam room.
- Do not disturb other students.
- The regulations pertaining to entry surveillance, evaluation of studies and use of information systems apply to electronic exams.
- The e-exam room is equipped with real-time and recording video surveillance.
- You are not allowed to leave the examination room during your exam.
- Surveillance and confirmation of identity will be accomplished by collating entry surveillance and video surveillance information with your examination.
exam (at) ulapland.fi
tel. +358 40 5198 364
Reserving an exam
- Reserve an exam in the electronic exam system https://exam.ulapland.fi
- Log in to the system with your user account and password
- Go to exam page and write the name of the course or coursecode.
- The exam will appear to you. Click Register for the exam.
- Then you have to choose the room (exam or e-exam for disabled).
- Choose the date and time from the reservation calendar.
- Confirm your reservation.
Taking an exam
- Go to the computer allocated to you. The system will inform you if you are in the wrong place.
- The computer opens automatically to Firefox browser and to the exam system. If it does not, close the browser and wait for a moment, and the computer will restart.
- Take your exam. The system saves your answer once a minute, but you can also click Save.
- When finished, make sure you have answered all questions as required. Submit the exam by clicking the Save and Submit button.
- Close the browser and press Quit. The computer will shut down automatically and delete the files you have created.
- There is an exam list in the room. When you have completed your exam, you must sign out by entering your name and signature in the list.
Disturbances and problems during the examination
- If your exam is disturbed or impeded, close the browser and wait for the computer to restart. Sign back in to the system and try continuing with your exam. If this does not work, leave the room and fill out the report form for impedance or discontinuation of an exam without delay.
- You are required to submit the report to be able to retake the exam before grading.
- You always take the electronic exam on your own responsibility. The University cannot offer you any technical support during your exam.