The theme of the colloquy is Developing Polar Networks: Ideas & Possibilities for the Future. The organizers are now calling for your abstract max 250 words and welcome papers on all topics that apply to polar libraries or information. You can submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation, or both.
Please use the online submission system to submit your abstract. In particular we ask colloquy participants to consider these topics:
• emerging and possible networks around polar information
• experiences and ideas around archiving polar research data
• availability of polar information through institutional and disciplinary repositories
• visibility and availability of (open) polar publications – polar publications from bibliometric and altmetric point of view
• using new technologies for promoting visibility and availability of polar information
The online submission system is now closed. Notifications of acceptance have been sent to the corresponding authors. Accepted authors must register for the event and thus confirm their presentation by 12 February 2018.
If you are still interested in sending in your abstract, please
contact Rovaniemi-Lapland Congresses (firstname.lastname@example.org) for
The presentation time for oral presentations is about 20 minutes and there will be some ten minutes for questions and discussion after the presentation. Instructions regarding oral presentations will be provided closer to the event.
Posters will be on display during the whole event near the conference hall and the authors are expected to stand by their posters at certain times – the exact time will be determined when the programme has been finalized. Maximum and recommended poster size is A0 (841 × 1189 cm), vertical orientation (portrait). The organizer will provide materials for affixing the poster. The organizer can also take care of printing the poster if the file is sent to the organizer by the end of May.
The organizers aim at publishing the proceedings of the 27th Polar Libraries Colloquy online as soon as possible after the conference, by the end of October at the latest. The proceedings will include the articles of all oral conference presentations.
For this purpose the accepted oral presenters must
1) send in the full text of their presentation before the conference, by 31 May 2018 and
2) complete and return the publication permission together with their article (print out, sign and scan)
The article should be either word or odf file, with title numbers in form (1, 1.1, 1.1.1) and references in APA form. Please send the materials to the conference office at congress[at]ulapland.fi.