University of Lapland, Finland
is offering to host Marie Sklodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship
in the area of
"Law, Innovation and Sustainability"
You are a talented highly motivated researcher looking for a host organisation for your MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship
The MSCA postdoctoral 2022 call is expected to be opened on April 13, 2022 with a submission deadline on 14 September 2022.
General information about Marie Curie PF actions is available at: https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/actions/postdoctoral-fellowships
Guide for applicants: https://rea.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2021-06/Guide%20for%20applicants%20-%20MSCA%20PF%202021.pdf
We are looking for candidates who:
- are interested to co-apply either European Postdoctoral Fellowship with the University of Lapland,
- have a PhD degree at the time of the deadline for applications (14 September 2022). Applicants who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will also be considered eligible to apply
- have a maximum of eight years’ experience in research, from the date of the award of their PhD degree. Years of experience outside research and career breaks will not count towards the above maximum, nor will years of experience in research in third countries, for nationals or long-term residents of EU Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries who wish to reintegrate to Europe.
- have not been/lived/worked/studied in Finland for more than 12 months in the 3 years before the call deadline 14 September 2022.
- are committed to live in Rovaniemi, Lapland during the fellowship and to work with us
- have an interest in our research areas listed below and demonstrate a solid background that matches, complements and adds to these fields
- have sufficient Proficiency in English.
- have not applied in 2021 MSCA PF call and received a score below 70%, as you will be subjected to resubmission restrictions in the upcoming MSCA PF 2022 call.
You will be supported and positioned in our Law, Technology and Design Thinking (LTDT) research group, which is based at the Faculty of Law of the University of Lapland (see: https://www.ulapland.fi/FI/Kotisivut/Law,-Technology-and-Design-Thinking-Research-Group). The research team in the LTDT group tackle various issues arising from how the law reacts and provokes technological developments, in order to provide with novel user-centric solutions that are more workable for shaping the legal system in a way that fosters technological progress and innovation. The research closely relates to issues of sustainability and minorities, as part of the research team studies how the law can support technological developments that are more respectful of the environment, as well as more inclusive of focused groups and minorities. We welcome especially applicants with a keen interest on the following topics:
- Private law and the circular economy;
- Intellectual property rights and/or competition law and sustainability;
- Law and ethics in the context of digital cultural heritage;
- Role of law for sustainability transitions.
We are looking for a project proposal that
- promises a high degree of excellence and quality and which will have a positive practical impact for the law, innovation and sustainability scholarship literature, and that maximizes the expected outcomes and impacts, in particular beyond the academic sector (e.g. business, policymakers),
- is based on a sound methodology, with a particular focus on interdisciplinarity (e.g. law and tech approach, legal empiricism, legal design methods, etc..),
- demonstrates that there will be a two-way exchange of knowledge between the fellow and the host institution,
- seeks to advance the researcher’s career and employability.
and for a researcher who
- has already obtained a high level of experience and skills which is demonstrated by a solid track record, in particular through high quality publications;
- may have hold relevant practical work experience related to the Post-Doctoral position outside the academic sector (this being an asset).
Together, we will work with you to create a high-quality application, which will build on your strengths and our host institution.
The fellowship is open to all disciplines, and is particularly suited for post-doctoral researchers in the following research areas:
- Political science
- Social science
If the MSCA-PF application is successful, the researcher will be fully integrated into the LTDT research Group and the faculty of law. You will also benefit from a wide range of research and academic activities and in collaboration with other research projects ongoing in the LTDT group, but also in the other research groups at the Faculty (e.g. the Law, Markets and the Environment (LME) research group (see: https://www.ulapland.fi/FI/Kotisivut/Law,-Markets-and-the-Environment), as well as the Welfare Law research group (see: https://www.ulapland.fi/FI/Kotisivut/Hyvinvointioikeuden-tutkimusryhma/In-English)). You are also invited to take part in the supervision of ongoing Doctoral, Master’s, and Bachelor’s degree Theses and teaching. Naturally, you will be encouraged to attend international conferences, workshops, research collaboration events, project planning, and other meetings within the international networks of the University of Lapland as is the spirit of the MSCA-PF program. We offer selected MSCA-PF candidates and potential Fellows an International Academic host institution equipped with excellent research facilities and infrastructure and professional support for societal integration for the fellows and their families. We are committed to the mentoring, support, content, and feedback to produce an excellent jointly written MSCA-PF fellowship proposal to the European Commission.
Researchers with a good scientific background are encouraged to contact us and to submit an email to rosa.ballardini(at)ulapland.fi with the subject line “MSCA-PF-2022”, with the following attachments in PDF format:
- CV, including list of other academic merits (presentations, awards etc.),
- Letter of motivation reflecting your candidacy for MSCA IF Fellowship including information on your research and career interests and goals,
- Outline of a proposal suggestion within the aforementioned framework of the hosting offer,
- List of publications,
- Link to public academic profile or CV (e.g. Orchid ID, institutional or personal website, LinkedIn etc.).
no later than June 1, 2022.
More info available at https://www.ulapland.fi/EN/Webpages/MSCA