MEC (former NBE) is an informal and friendly conference, which participants attend to exchange ideas and information dealing with media education, educational use of ICTs and learning environments. MEC is organized by the Media Education Hub at the University of Lapland.
MEC is organized every second year and MEC 2021 will be the ninth media education conference. The previous conferences:
• MEC 2019, Media Education Conference on the Top, Rovaniemi
• MEC 2017, Under the Northern Lights, Rovaniemi (in connection with the FERA Conference on Education)
• MEC 2015, In the Light of the Midnight Sun, Sallatunturi, Salla
• NBE 2013, Media Education in No Man’s Land, Pyhätunturi
• NBE 2011, The Social Media in the Middle of Nowhere, Sallatunturi, Salla
• NBE 2009, Rovaniemi (in connection with the ISATT 2009 Conference)
• NBE 2007, The Power of Media in Education, Rovaniemi
• NBE 2005, Rovaniemi
In 2021 MEC will be back to Rovaniemi, this time on the top of Ounasvaara Hill. The conference dates are 28th of September – 1st of October 2021. The theme of MEC 2021 is “Media Education in Autumn Colors”. MEC 2021 also celebrates the 20th birthday of the Media Education Hub.
MEC 2021 participants will be invited to submit their proposals to be considered for publication in a special issue in seminar.net
Welcome to join MEC 2021!