MEC (former NBE) is an informal and friendly conference, which participants attend to exchange ideas and information dealing with media education, educational use of ICTs and learning environments. MEC is organized by the Centre for Media Pedagogy at the University of Lapland.
MEC is organized every second year and MEC 2019 will be the eight media education conference. The previous conferences:
• NBE 2005, Rovaniemi
• NBE 2007, The Power of Media in Education, Rovaniemi
• NBE 2009, Rovaniemi (in connection with the ISATT 2009 Conference)
• NBE 2011, The Social Media in the Middle of Nowhere, Sallatunturi, Salla
• NBE 2013, Media Education in No Man’s Land, Pyhätunturi
• MEC 2015, In the Light of the Midnight Sun, Sallatunturi, Salla
• MEC 2017, Under the Northern Lights, Rovaniemi (in connection with the FERA Conference on Education)
In 2019 MEC will return to the familiar location in Sallatunturi, but this time during sunny springtime – the conference dates are 24 – 26 April 2019. The theme of MEC 2019 is “On the Top”. MEC 2019 also celebrates the 18th birthday of the Centre for Media Pedagogy.
MEC 2019 participants are invited to submit their proposals to be considered for publication in a special issue of the Journal of Media Literacy Education (JMLE) on the theme of Media Literacy Education for All Ages.
Guest Editors of the special issue are Päivi Rasi, Heli Ruokamo, and Hanna Vuojärvi, Faculty of Education, Centre for Media Pedagogy, University of Lapland, Finland. The call is open for the MEC 2019 participants and scholars who don’t intend to attend the MEC conference.
JMLE Call for papers: Media Literacy Education for All Ages
Welcome to join MEC 2019!