Abstract submission for CAC 2019 is now closed - thank you for your submissions. As we have received so many abstracts, it takes longer to handle the decisions. Therefore the notifications of acceptance including decisions about oral/poster presentation will be sent to the corresponding authors by 28 November 2018. We apologize for the delay.
Conference presenters will have the possibility to publish in the Open Agriculture, in Special Issue on the 10th Circumpolar Agriculture Conference 2019. Publishing will be free of charge for the participants. More information: Special Issue on the 10th Circumpolar Agriculture Conference.
Abstracts can be max 250 words long. Abstracts must be in English and include text only (no pictures, tables, graphics or references). Keywords can be included. Please submit your abstract using the online abstract submission system (link below). Abstracts sent by email will not be accepted.
Accepted abstracts will be included in the conference materials in a printed abstract volume.
Please note that at least one presenter for each accepted abstract must register for the conference and pay the registration fee. The registration deadline for accepted presenters is 14 December 2018, which is the early-bird deadline. Abstracts without a registered presenter by this date will be withdrawn and removed from the conference programme and all materials.
Oral presentations will be allotted 20 minutes (max 15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for questions). Posters will be on display during the whole event and the programme will include separate poster sessions during afternoons on Wednesday 12 March and Thursday 13 March, when presenters are expected to be ready to present their abstracts. Maximum and recommended poster size is A0 (841 mm/width x 1189 mm/height), vertical orientation/ portrait.
Order onsite poster printing
Order onsite poster printing and avoid traveling with the poster tube. The posters will be printed by the University of Lapland Printing Center and they will be delivered to the meeting venue where they will be ready and waiting for your arrival. The price of the poster printing is 30 €. First, order and pay for onsite poster printing using the event online registration form. Then, send in your poster file in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for the poster file is Friday 1 March 2019.
Preliminary session themes (subject to change)
• How local agriculture can support vitality of rural areas
• Local animal and plant systems and their sustainability in a changing Arctic
• Looking to the past for future: Northern native breeds of domesticated animal species
• Reindeer husbandry – traditions, challenges and success stories
• Arctic foods and their business opportunities
• Food security and sustainability
Topics (choose one for your abstract)
• Animal breeds/gene resources/production
• Arctic agriculture
• Arctic bioeconomy
• Arctic foods
• Arctic foods and business opportunities
• Arctic foods and health
• Crops/plant gene resources/production
• Digitalization in arctic agriculture
• Fishery and game
• Food industry
• Food security
• Food sustainability
• Forest foods/natural products
• Forest foods/non-timber forest products
• Internet and food circles
• Local agriculture
• Local food as tourist attraction
• Local food systems
• Localization/globalization in food production
• Multiple use of forestry
• Northern native breeds
• Reindeer husbandry
• Rural development
• Rural food tourism
• Small-scale agriculture
• Sustainable nature tourism
You can also propose a new topic when submitting your abstract.