Welcome to the Land of Midnight Sun - Bridging Event field trip to Inari 1–2 June, 2019
The Field Trip is bridging the Arctic Arts Summit with the The Cumulus Rovaniemi 2019 conference “Around the Campfire - Resilience and Intelligence"
NEW DEADLINE for registration: Thursday 25 April 2019
Leader: Päivi Tahkokallio, Tahkokallio Design+, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +358 50 324 3517
Organizer: Art Promotion Centre Finland
Price: €100/€120 depending on hotel, all single rooms, including breakfast
Focus: The Arctic, Arctic Design, Co-design, Connectivity, Capacity building, Sustainability, Cultural Tourism, Art and Culture, Indigenous people, Sámi people
Where the sun does not set. Join us in a field trip of your lifetime
While you already have decided to travel to the Arctic you really should not miss the opportunity to visit the north of Lapland with 24h daylight in the beginning of June already. We welcome you to a field trip to Inari, centre of the life of Sámi people, the only indigenous people living in the European Union. The 400 km bus drive from Rovaniemi will be a dive to the everyday life of people bold enough to live north of the Arctic Circle.
The field trip includes
• bus trip from Rovaniemi to Inari with a dialogue session. See call for papers below, if you are interested in giving a presentation.
• hotel accommodation in Inari, one night
• dinner with ingredients from the surrounding nature
• co-design workshop with meeting local people in Inari
• bus trip from Inari back to Rovaniemi sharing and wrapping up the experience
• and of course, if you are up to it — experiencing the nightless night in-between
Check here for full details
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER