MEC (former NBE) is an informal and friendly conference, which participants attend to exchange ideas and information dealing with media education, educational use of ICTs and learning environments. MEC is organized by the Media Education Hub at the University of Lapland.
MEC is organized every second year and MEC 2019 will be the eight media education conference. The previous conferences:
• NBE 2005, Rovaniemi
• NBE 2007, The Power of Media in Education, Rovaniemi
• NBE 2009, Rovaniemi (in connection with the ISATT 2009 Conference)
• NBE 2011, The Social Media in the Middle of Nowhere, Sallatunturi, Salla
• NBE 2013, Media Education in No Man’s Land, Pyhätunturi
• MEC 2015, In the Light of the Midnight Sun, Sallatunturi, Salla
• MEC 2017, Under the Northern Lights, Rovaniemi (in connection with the FERA Conference on Education)
• MEC 2019, Media Education Conference on the Top, Rovaniemi
In 2021 MEC will be back to Rovaniemi, this time on the top of Ounasvaara Hill. The conference dates are 28th of September – 1st of October 2021. The theme of MEC 2021 is “Media Education in Autumn Colors”. MEC 2021 also celebrates the 20th birthday of the Media Education Hub.
MEC 2021 participants will invited to submit their proposals to be considered for publication in a special issue rated in Publication Forum.
Welcome to join MEC 2021!