There are two application periods every year.
Application periods in year 2021:
- 9 February–2 March 2021 by 15:00 (local Finnish time).
- 5–26 October 2021 by 15:00 (local Finnish time).
Application periods in year 2022:
- 8 February – 1 March 2022 by 15:00 (local Finnish time)
- 4–25 October 2022 by 15:00 (local Finnish time).
Application periods in year 2023:
- 7–28 February 2023 by 15:00 (local Finnish time)
- 3–24 October 2023 by 15:00 (local Finnish time).
The dates and times are local Finnish time. If your application is successful, your study right begins either on 1 January or 1 August, depending on whether you applied in autumn or spring. It is possible to grant the study right at other times, but we require strong grounds – such as significant research funding requiring a doctoral study right – for making such an exception. The appendices of your application should be uploaded to the application form within the application period. The Applicant and Student Services is responsible for receiving applications and appendices: see the detailed procedure on their website.
Decisions will be published in the studyinfo.fi portal after circa five weeks after the end of the application period.