Art Education Studies
The Degree Programme in Art Education brings together education, arts and science. In your studies you will examine arts and visual culture from the perspectives of education and teaching. The programme prepares you for a career as an art teacher at school, as well as for other tasks related to arts and visual culture. You will examine the arts and visual cultures that surround us in terms of personal and communal meanings.
Art Education conducts research and promotes educational opportunities to examine and express culturally diverse realities through art. We also work in the wider community beyond the school world. We take the dimensions of sustainable development and cultural diversity into account when collaborating with different stakeholders.
Areas of focus
applying and developing operational models of modern art in the special conditions of the North
- practice and research of art education, and history and the present
- artistic expression and way of thinking
- visual and audiovisual modes of expression, pedagogy and theory
- experiential, multisensory and functional learning
- phenomena of art and other visual culture and their educational and social significance
For our exchange students we have put together an English-taught study module in Art Education. Check the Admissions pages for further information.
Email for the staff: firstname.lastname (at) ulapland.fi
Professor, part-time until 31 Dec 2018
Applied Visual Arts
Art Education, until 31 July, 2018
Art Education and Fine Art and Cultural Studies