Are you the next friends for an international student?
Would you like to get to know new people
from different cultures and offer them a window into Finnish culture? We are
looking for local friends for international students coming to the University
for an exchange or to do a degree.
You as a friend could offer international students a chance:
- to get a close look at Finnish culture, habits and everyday life
- to make a local friend who gets in touch regularly
- to feel better if they feel homesick
- to learn some Finnish
- to take part in the activities arranged by the University and Student
Union – playing baseball, taking a sauna and watching Finnish films, to name
just a few.
There’s a lot to gain by becoming a friend.
- get to know new cultures and people
- practice foreign language skills
- form friendships that will last well after your friends go back to their home
- take part in events for friends
You can sign up as a friend to the programme by filling out an electronic form by 14.9.2018.
We will do our best to match the friends and international students on the
basis of language, hobbies and other interests. Please keep in mind that even
though we do our best, not all wishes can be met and you will be meeting a many
layered, real person!
We run the friend programme in
cooperation with the Rovaniemi University of Applied Sciences. The programme
can boast over 300 local participants in the past four years.
GUIDEBOOK FOR FINNISH FRIENDS (in Finnish)
For international students:
If you did not get an email concerning
this programme and are still interested to join, please send us a message. The
application DEADLINE is 14.9.2018. The application form for international students is HERE.
GUIDEBOOK FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Tel. +358 44 350 8494