Come and make friends with an international student!
Would you like to get to know new people from different cultures and offer them a window into Finnish culture? We are looking for local friends for international students coming to the University for an exchange or to do a degree.
The friend programme offers international students a chance
• to get a close look at Finnish culture, habits and everyday life
• to make a local friend who gets in touch regularly
• to feel better if they feel homesick
• to learn some Finnish
• to take part in the activities arranged by the University and Student Union – playing baseball, taking a sauna and watching Finnish films, to name just a few.
There’s a lot to gain by becoming a friend, too. You can
• get to know new cultures and people
• practice foreign language skills
• form friendships that will last well after your friends go back to their home countries
• take part in events for friends