When participating in exchange through ULapland exchange agreements, you are eligible for an exchange grant. The amount of the grant depends on the exchange programme and the length of the exchange.
You will get the grant in two parts: the first payment is 80 % of the grant and it is paid before the exchange. The remaining 20 % is paid after the exchange once you have completed the required reporting.
Erasmus+ grant is daily based and Bilateral, First, Nordplus and Freemover grants monthly based. First and Nordplus grants will be paid on the exchange months when you have minimum 15 exchange days.
Apply for a grant
• Log into the SoleGRANT program through the SoleMOVE system. The details of your exchange will be updated automatically and used as the basis of your grant application
• Scan and attach the letter of acceptance and the (Learning Agreement) signed by 3 parties
• Erasmus+ exchange: in addition do the OLS language assesment and attach the completed Erasmus+ Grant Agreement
• Nordplus exchange: attach the Nordplus Confirmation Form.
• You will be informed of the decision by email when your application has been processed.
You are recommended to request external grants from foundations, organizations, funds, societies, etc. You may request for example grants of Finnish National Agency on Education, country-specific grants, or grants given by organizations such as the Rotary ry and Finnish Japanese Society. There are plenty of tips and links available on the Internet eg. Aurora database. You should also be active and apply in good time because each organization has its own application period.
Erasmus+ grants are determined according to the duration of the exchange and the cost of living in the target country. One calendar month makes you eligible for one full monthly payment. For example the period 15 Sep – 14 Oct makes a full calendar month. The days exceeding a full month make you eligible for a daily allowance according to the category (below).
Erasmus+ G1 Study
Grant: 420 euros/month, daily allowance 14 €.
Target countries: Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and UK.
Erasmus+ G2 Study
Grant: 360 euros/month, daily allowance 12 €.
Target countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Greece, Croatia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey.
FIRST (Finnish-Russian Student Exchange)
Regardless of the target university, the amount of the grant is 560 euros/month.
Nordlys and Nordplus
The Nordplus grant comes directly from the network. We cannot alter its amount in any way. The Nordlys grant depends on the overall sum received by our university annually.
The North2north exchange grant consists of a grant and a travel allowance.
Duration of the exchange 3–4 months, grant €1,000.
Duration of the exchange 5–12 months, grant €1,500.
Travel allowance Murmansk and the Nordic countries €500.
Other regions €1,000.
Europe, Russia, and Israel
Duration of the exchange 3–6 months, grant €800.
Duration of the exchange 7–12 months, grant €1,000.
Duration of the exchange 3–6 months, grant €1,200.
Duration of the exchange 7–12 months, grant €1,500.
Europe, Russia, and Israel
Duration of the exchange 3–6 months, grant €300.
Duration of the exchange 7–12 months, grant €400.
Duration of the exchange 3–6 months, grant €400.
Duration of the exchange 7–12 months, grant €500.