Why international tutoring?
As an international tutor you will get to enjoy the company of the new international students while gaining skills and experiences that are also valuable in working life. Tutoring is a spectacular opportunity to learn intercultural communication, organisational skills, team working and language skills. What would be a nicer way to meet people and create networks all around the world, than playing a key role when the University hosts over 200 international students from 40 different countries every year? Each tutor has a handful of students to take care of per semester.
The exchange students arrive for the Autumn semester at the end of August / in the beginning of September and for the Spring semester in the beginning of January. If you are available during that time and ready for your new home based adventure, then all you need to do is apply!
As an international tutor you
- get in touch with incoming students even before their exchange starts
- meet your students when they arrive in Rovaniemi
- help students with housing, banking and registration
- give students advice on practical academic matters like using WebOodi and registering for courses
- help students adjust to culture and student life in Finland and Rovaniemi.